Saturday, August 25, 2012

Winning Badges


Caution: Severe addiction on collecting Foursquare badges, highly expected.

This is my current addiction: collecting Foursquare badges. To start with, Foursquare is a social network based on locations. You get to create a your own profile, meet people and discover places. I started my addiction last January 2012 when I got my first smartphone. I downloaded the app when my sister encouraged me to join the fun.

Oh my word, it is fun. At first, I was fond of collecting or stealing mayorships. Sometimes, I create places that is not on the map yet and assume myself as a mayor. I got fed up when I learned that there are some dirty tricks that other people do to steal mayorships. That is not competitiveness, that is cheating. I focused on collecting badges and damn, it is challenging. There is less pressure and everything is fair play.

As of the moment, I have 45 badges. After an hour, I am sure that it will increase by 2 or 3 or more. This is a different kind of fondness and I am loving it.

Later!
cha