Saturday, October 9, 2010

I hate Motor Cycles!

It was Wednesday, September 22, when I received a text from my mom that our pick up was hit by a motor cycle. The text message said: Anak, papunta akong bayan. Nabundol ako. My little brother, as witty as he was, asked me: Te, naglalakad ba si momi? Well, judging from the text message, the pick up was the one that was hit. Besides, momi was able to text and was heading to the nearest police station in town.

To make sure that mom is alright, I called her but she was driving. So I have no choice but to wait for her return. As soon as my mom arrived home, I inspected the damage. I can’t help but curse the people who ride motor cycles, all of them.


If you are a driver, you should know your right of way. From the point of reference, wherein the driver is going to stir to the right, your right of way is lane that you will block as you rejoin your proper lane and vice versa. Now, if you are about to rejoin the proper lane, your right of way becomes your rejoining lane. The lane you block now has the responsibility to look out for you because they are not your priority anymore.


Now when it comes to fucking motor cycles, the story is a lot different. Motor cycles make a driver’s life dangerous and miserable. Dangerous, because they come out of nowhere travelling at the speed of light and squeeze themselves on the narrowest spaces between the vehicles. Miserable, because if they were hit, and knock out of their seats, it is them who gets angry and apprehensive. If critically scrutinizing situations, it would be them who holds the greatest fault and who is not following their own protocols.

According to my mom, she was traveling the narrow road of Brgy. Masiit. She was heading towards the route to balibago. It was traffic and the road to SM was smooth and few vehicles are passing through it. My mom was able to stir to the right and will be able to rejoin the lane to Balibago. The container van truck (yellow bus) was providing adequate space for my mom to enter and so are the other vehicles (cute green cars). Until out of the blue comes that fucking motorcycle with two passengers, traveling in lightning speed. They swerved from the lane to the tiny bit of space that the container van truck is reserving for mom. Since they are traveling fast, they slammed at our pick up’s right, front lights. The driver’s jacket was caught by the pick up’s bumper and both of them was knocked out of their seats and ended up on the floor.


Barangay officials ran to the scene and rushed the assholes to the nearest community hospital. No one was actually badly hurt. They just suffered minor concussions and cuts. After securing their ass in the hospital, they were sent to the police station to explain their side. Of course, they blamed my mom which is their biggest lie. But when the police found out what happened, they took my mom’s side. They proved that the assholes were one who is at fault. My mom wants to get it over with so she said that “kanya-kanya nalang”. Whatever is the damage that was made that belongs to us; we will have it repaired by us and no one else.

As a normal defense mechanism of those moronic motorcycle riders, they plead that they don’t have enough money to pay for x-rays, medicines and bike repairs. They even asked my mom for money so they can pay for some hospital fees. But my mom is tight. She refused because it is their fault. Wala naman sila nagawa. They suffered for their arrogance and lack of discipline when riding their precious hell-bike. If I were with my mom that time, it would have been me who would shout and give lectures about discipline. Fortunately, it was the biker’s lucky day. It is my personal love to add insult to injury.  Sayang, I would have been verrrryyyy happy at that time.

If it happens to me, the sky would turn gray, the road would split in half and my pitchfork will come out from the cracks. Get ready to experience hell mother fuckers because I am one crazy and high tempered driver. Go figure.

->Cha