Sunday, June 12, 2011

I Want to Thank My Sponsors

I should be paid for the Ads. Hahaha. You owe me!

Who would you thank after all these years?

1. E-jim
 
Open 24 hours to serve our printing needs. The place always stinks like feet but I tell you, at the crack of dawn, students from different universities would line up to have their documents printed. Thanks E-jim, without you, a freakin’ case study would cease to exist.

2. Mama mia

How-ley-mama-mia! They serve varieties of food every day. I can personally say that I love the taste of food at mama mia, they’re brilliant! I live just one storey above from big mama mia for at least 3 years. I actually felt sad when we gave up our space. No more coming down in puruntong shorts and jacket to buy food.


To save time and effort it is a usual habit for me to descend the stairs and buy food. Big mama mia is also reliable for last minute food tokens every last day of duty. When you ran out of ideas for a token, you can run to mama m and order one big bilao of palabok that will be ready in 1-2 hours. This is one BIG place to accommodate last-minute-lovers.

3. Garaje

Who would ever forget pancit dumi? This is one, good stop for cheap foods and Acute gastroenteritis. The food is good by the way. I became immune to the disease it brings.

4. Hong kong style noodles

It came about in the last year of my college life. I do admire the brains behind these noodles because it tastes good and is uniquely cooked. I am fond of buying noodles because of its taste and the person who sells the noodles. If by chance you manage to experience this person, then you’ll know who I am talking about. This guy or should I say; this gay, I would greet good morning (depends anytime of the day) and make small talks. However, he would always give me a smile that says: I’m not interested… leave me alone. What’s surprising is that whenever there is a guy who: I am with or some random guy who was able to order noodles at the same time, he would talk at his most flirty manner and give his sweetest smile. Oh yeah, I just remembered, I am a girl.

5. Spag house / Giddy’s

Oh yih! When I was in my freshmen year, my friends and I would visit Giddy’s to order their famous shake and sweat burgers. Well, the burger taste great but my psychotic friend Ron, would joke about Kuya Poy and the burgers. Well, the place is steaming hot because of congestion from its customers and the smoke from burgers being cooked. Kuya Poy will be soo sweaty and Ron said that his sweat goes to the burgers that give its rich flavor. Talk about natural flavor.

6. Sinangag Express (SEx)

I love it here because it is open for 24 hours. So whenever I have a rumbly in my tummy, I would just come down and eat here. No special story about this place except that if you are in St. Paul with all the nuns, you can shout aloud: Oi! SEx tayo!

7. 7/11 and mini stop

Open 24 hours, one good stop for fast food and brain freeze.

8. Bambang

The whole of Bambang is the heaven for nursing students because of our Medical supplies needs.

9. LRT
The best ride to bring you to Bambang and any other place around Metro Manila. I am a big fan of one station ride trip, oh I mean I do one-station-ride-trips.

10. Rob place manila
Who would not recognize that Rob as a wonderful gift from above?
  • National Bookstore – for supplying school materials when we need it.
  • Confetti – for supplying my big foot the big shoe it needs
  • Mc Donald’s and Jollibee– for providing fattening foods that will suffice our hunger in the quickest way possible
  • Wendy’s – for consuming ¾ of my allowance per day for a single bacon cheese burger melt. Yum yum, to suffice frustration and triumph from an exam
  • Wham burger – for biting a large amount my whole allowance per week and the amount of potatoes and ketchup me and my sister consumed in one sitting
  • KFC – for being the best seller of chicken and spilled soda on the floor. Perfect for thrifty and last minute eaters like me. And ah, I almost forgot, thank you for the amount of gravy that I consume in a meal. Thank you for letting me eat it as a “soup”.
  • DQ – for being able to enlighten me with intoxicating levels of chocolate and cookie blizzards. Thank you for releasing my endorphins when I fail my exams. Thank you for the hyperventilating moments that we shared together.
  • Cinema World – perfect place for watching movies with friends
  • Starbucks and Coffee bean –this is my place to hoard for wifi signals and cool air when it gets really hot in our dormitory.
  • Big chill – my love for fruit has gotten in a higher level. Now, I love fruit shakes and I can only get this at Big chill. Right Concoctions and fresh fruits it gives.
  • Shakeys, yellow cab, Brooklyn pizza – ah yes! The perfect venue for birthday celebrators and their treat to us.
  • Japan home center – for supplying 88 peso obsessive-compulsive happiness like organizers and file containers. 88 peso junk that I enjoy using and buying.
  • Bread talk – for the carbs that each bread gives and how much it can cost.
  • Cabalen – this is where we go for celebrations. This is also the best place to go: Eat-all-you-can, then after, go to the slaughter house because you are fat enough to be butchered.
  • Power books – my ideal place to read books for free. Shhhh! I opened books and read it. Our little secret, ok? Holy shi*! This is a blog.
  • Tom’s world – provides temporary happiness to tired people from SPUM
  • G-box – for providing the dengue mosquito to a frenemy’s visit.
11. CJ’s Xerox

The best place for book binding and photocopy needs. Also, it is the best place to violate author’s works by replicating it so we don’t have to buy the whole book. Sweet!

12. Bituon Laundry

They do my laundry when there is no chance for me to go home. The laundry smells great, I was mistaken by one clinical instructor that I was wearing perfume. Hmm! Downy?

13. Everything Online

Thank you for Supplying 100 of 1000 viruses in my USB, 900 of which came from E-jim, so it not half bad.

14. Ihawan

Charred pork was the best way to a hungry person’s heart, so is Carcinogens.

15. Therese and Fred Perry

Thank you for giving me a hard time finding shoes!

16. National Library

It is without a doubt that I admire the National Library. You define prehistoric and Jurassic books that you have in your shelves. 

17. Rockband, Yeah!
Grupor’s favorite place

Who would you Thank after all these years when parents, friends and teachers are already given?

Love,
Fame Hoe, Cha