Monday, June 13, 2011

School Days


I hate to say it but I kinda miss going to school. It gives you a reason to wake up in the morning. It forces you to shake your snooze hangovers and it transforms you into your decent-old-self. School, it teaches you to be innovative in creating sneaky nap positions during class. It keeps you busy every night, err, busy with school work, that is.

School is fun. We meet friends and enemies. We learn things that we are not sure if we need in life but still try to learn it because of grades. We laugh and cry because of teachers (but I get even after, hrhr). We play sports and laugh at our bleeding heads or sprained ankles. We poke fun on anything. But we all have limitations. We get tired and if that happens somehow we lose the essence of going to school. We forget why we need to learn. The teachers will look like ogres dressed in formal wear. Our classmates will become more like shit heads than friends. As for your self, you will be a fertile plantation of pimples, black heads and eye bags.

When I was in High School, I enjoyed sports even if I suck at some and even if there are shit heads boastful enough to proclaim that they are better than me. When it comes to academics, I play mediocre. My studies were not bad but it is not enough to be that great. I am more on extracurricular activities but other than I pretty much in the middle.

College. It is quite different, I am always not sure of my self but when you slap my face I would wake up from a bad dream and be my better self again. It is always like that. I don't know why but I lived through it. But after college, I felt like I did things well.

Now that I am not a student anymore, watching some kids walk to a nearby school makes me smile. How I miss the times I sat in my school service, slept and spilled spit on my uniform. All the more, how I walked towards my University along the hustle and bustle of killer jeepneys and polluted air. I am glad to have walked there at wee hours of night or early in the morning, it makes you savor the moment without being disturbed by sluggish walkers. I don't have to pay anything to do it again, I all I have to do is smile and appreciate the past.

Oh School, preschool, grade school, high school, college. I miss you.

Vomitus, my bestfriend at preschool, I spray when I see something disgusting. It is expected that crying will follow after, but its not me. Writing my expectations on a piece of paper during the first day of school is like writing down a teacher's life sentence. Fulfill them not, you will be a the person to put the noose on your teacher's neck. Answering essays and being graded according to the teacher's preference when we are supposed to be graded according to our point of view. Counting how many times our teacher mentions "Didjugerit?"(Did you get it?) for the whole period and after her subject, we will compare the results. All the hassle for a bit of fun. Laughing carelessly at corny things and making stories about a psycho killer going after grupor. Playing volleyball under the heat of the 12 noon sun, toasted skin and sweaty armpit. All these are simply, PRICELESS.

I'm glad I experienced all these. It made me the person I am today. I am glad I finished school, I can not go back but I am happy enough to smile once in a while when I remembered something about it.

classmate1: Pre, Nasan na ba tayo?
classmate2: Nasa Graham Park!!!!!
classmate3: Tanga pre! Burnham Park!
Nyerk nyerk!

Love,
Nyerk-mate, Cha