Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Duty Bag

Reblogging is love. Imagine answering your thoughts that you have before.


Originally posted last November 8, 2008, 9:24 PM
At Multiply, for cha's contacts


Before having our laptop reformatted, i scanned my files so that i can salvage some important things that i can use in the future. I found an unpublished blog entry that i wrote a year ago. I was in second year, first sem. It was about the duty bag. During that time, nursing paraphernalia were being distributed to us, that is when i received my duty bag. Also, during that time, i was not able to pass any quiz and I'm failing my exams. I wrote:

Wahhh! Nakuha na namin ung duty bag namin!  Nafeel ko tuloy na nursing student ako. Huhuhu.


Natuwa nga ako nung nakuha ko un kase nafeefeel ko na talaga ang narsing….. pucha! Dis is it! Hahaha!

Sa sobrang tuwa, panandalian kong nakalimutan na wala pa pala akong quiz na naipapasa sa RLE. Naisip ko na ang mga magiging escapades ko sa mga ospital na pagdudutyhan ko: PTB patients, DOTS, code blue, hot doctors, hot doctors, hot doctors, mga inang nanganganak, psych patients, babies, vagina squad, IV, medications, charting, amoy pekpek na OB ward, graveyard shifts, am duty, pm duty, toxic na pasyente/kamag-anak/doctor/nurse/kapwa student nurse/CI, ATBP….

Ok na sana ang pagdedaydream ko kaso bigla kong naalala ang malagim na katotohanan… 50/50 ang status ko sa RLE… wala pa kong pinapasang quiz dun. Khit na quiz lang un, malaking bagay na un pra samin. Sheyt! Indi ko sure kung ano ang grade ko sa recitation pro sana ayos naman.

Ewan ko kung ano ang kahihinatnan ng buhay ko bilang student nurse. Minsan, naiisip ko:

Magamit ko pa kaya ang duty bag ko???

(end of original message) .......................................................................................................................


Response before:

well guess what?

  • I'm now a 3rd year student and now suffering on 2nd sem
  • I'm using my duty bag
  • I'm now regularly attending duties
  • my duty bag is badly injured from continued use
  • i have been passing SOME quizzes
  • i have been passing SOME exams
  • but right now, the only question is: How long can I hold on?

Comments:







Response now:

  • I have graduated, passed the board exams and took my oath. Now all i have to do now is register myself and get that plastic card that we call license
  • During my nursing years, I was able to use 2 duty bags. The first one was the one pictured above. I buried it because it died on me. The 2nd one was my sister's, it didn't die. It is now in the corner of our room garnering roaches and dust bunnies.
  • I was able to hold on long enough to graduate and take my oath. You're right (people who supported me/us).
  • Is now a proud member of the Hey-guys-we-are RN's-holy-shit!-Now-what?!-club
  • I have a blog now that screams: I am done and in your face! Just something to make my response longer. hahaha


-Cha