Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Nostalgia

 

1. When a plane passes by, we wave at them and say: “babye!”

I have always thought that my Dad is on board the planes that pass by. Although I know that he is home I still wave at them and brag to my playmates that he is a traveler.


2. I love eating the “nectar” of the santan flower

I am fond of eating the sweet, clear fluid that comes out of the santan flower because I love sweets and pastries. I stopped eating it when my dad told me that it is dirty and dogs have urinated on the santan plants. Eeww.


3. We made bubble solutions with a gumamela flower

When a gumamela flower is crushed, it becomes very sticky and viscous. It makes the bubbles increase its capacity to hold air and makes it last for a long time before it pops. As far as I can remember, the only gumamela plant is found at our neighbor’s backyard. I think the owner chopped it down because it disappeared suddenly.

4. Climbed a tree? Nah.

I didn’t get the chance to climb the mango tree or any other tree within our yard. This because: Number one, most of the trees our not-climb-friendly. Number two, dad does not allow me and auntie shouts at me before I can even attempt to.

5. Played langit lupa, ice ice water, patintero
Ah, the classics! How could I forget these games? One thing is common among these games. Langit lupa, when you are at langit you are safe. In lupa, the IT would chase you around. Ice ice water, When your Ice, you get to stop. When your water you get to run non-stop before the IT turns you into ice. Patintero, when you can’t enter a space you can position your self in a space wherein the IT won’t reach you. Get the similarities? These games give you a time to catch your breath. When I was younger, I hate being the IT because it is very tiring. So, as often as possible, I avoid having myself subjected to Its.


6. Had a large collection of pencils and erasers

Ah yes. When we were in the pre-school years, if you have a large collection of pencils and erasers, you’re an instant celebrity. I asked my mom to sharpen all the pencils that we have in the house so I can bring it to school. She said that two pencils are enough because I won’t be using them all. I was sad because I want to be an instant celeb like them. One time, I was made to stay in the classroom after classes because our freaking teacher said that I was too slow in math. When I was asked to go home, I saw a bunch of pencils under the table. Ha! My stupid classmates must have dropped their pencils! I picked it all up and had them sharpened at home. The next day, I was a celebrity! Yahoo! After I discovered how to gain pencils without spending a peso, after classes I would sneak inside the room to pick it all up. Pretty brainy for a pre-schooler huh?


7. Stabbed my classmate in the leg using a sharp pencil

All I can say about that is: You deserve it asshole. I am not a pig.


8. Played bahay bahayan using the blankets

This is my favorite! After school I would gather blanket and make a house out of them. I will then get my plastic kitchen set so I can “cook” inside. My stuff toys will be my children. I am the mother and the father is always absent because he is “working”. When my sisters and I would play together and we’re done, we would jump at the blankets to destroy the house.


9. Vomited countless times at school

I vomited a lot when I was in elementary and pre-school level. The following are the most memorable. First is when I was in nursery. My class mate sneezed and his nose secretion went all over the place. It was green, sticky and disgusting. Although it has not reached me, I felt a sudden churning in my stomach and my eyes watered. Then, it came out. Almost all of my stomach contents went out: the semi digested breakfast I had and the freshly eaten hotdog I ate moments ago.

Second was when my mom forced me to eat Baguio beans for dinner. For a reason, I hate string beans, all kinds of them. My mom said that what ever food that was served in the table should be eaten. I am left with nothing, I ate it. Because of its icky taste when chewed, I swallowed it whole, one by one. The next day, I went to school feeling weird. After two periods, kaboom, out go the beans. After swallowing it whole, it came out whole too. I don’t know why it wasn’t digested; it was like my gastric juices hated the bean too and didn’t dare to break it down.

Lastly, I vomited thrice in school for an unknown reason. I feel perfectly fine that time and it bothers me when I will suddenly vomit. First, I vomited in my notebook. Second, I vomited in my skirt. Third, I vomited in my annoying classmate’s socks which made me happy that time. “Buti nga sayo” I said to myself.

10. Made origami

I love making different kinds of origami. Because of that, I would consume all the leaves of my pad paper. Of course, mom and my aunt will be super furious. After getting a good ass slap, I stopped… for just a while. To avoid consuming all my paper, I would ask for paper from my classmates and they were kind enough to give me. Tsk tsk, bata palang nanggugulang na. haha

->Cha