Friday, April 1, 2011

Custom Made Shoes

I must admit, I Kind-a miss custom made shoes. By the way, why would I miss custom made shoes when I can buy a good pair of shoes at any shoes store?

Hey there.. Fred Perry (2nd Duty Shoes ordered for us)


Well, the answer is this: Towering at 5 foot, 7 inches and weighing...brooblarblah, it would be highly abnormal for an individual that his/her feet will measure only 6 inches. Believe it or not, my feet measures 12 inches, yes, as long as a 12 inch ruler, obviously. I do not know if it's me or the statistics, but 5'7 is tall in the Ph. Therefore, I conclude that anyone who's feet surpasses the size 10 is denied from getting the shoe size and most specially their desired shoes. Believe me, I know. I experienced it.



The Famous Theresse Shoes: catered to
Paulinian Feet over the years
St. Paul University Manila, BS Nursing. Known for its good performance and uhhh, homogeny. No one will dare deny this fact, No one! Not even the beggars, the snatchers, the strangers and even the ants that live inside our buses. Parepareho ng bag, uniforms, caps, cap bags, shoes, ob bags.... kulang nalang pati mukha namin! Hahaha.

Going back to custom made shoes, SPUM, in the name of uniformity and good image, we all are required to wear shoes with the same design. So, SPUM phones a shoe company from Marikina (probably), to schedule a fitting session for all of us. Being the class' "Big Foot Bee-otch", I will always have a special fitting and as a result, I would have a different shoe design. So much for uniformity but I would rather sacrifice that just to have a decent pair of shoes that would not numb my feet.

It bugged me most of the time. There was this one time when my Mom marched to the Nursing Office to complain about my shoes. The office told me that I should be the one to contact Theresse Shoes when they failed twice to get my size. Sister Bernie and Dra. Reyes was good enough to contact Theresse for me and schedule a fitting. There was also a time when Fred Perry texted me that I will be fitted now but I was in class. The last time was for my gala shoes, Confetti Manila have to summon me to their shop to fit the shoes.

We received our first duty shoes. I was smiling even though the shoe didn't fit me

Sometimes, it can be fun. I can't forget the thrill of receiving the shoes in a shoe box. Knowing that there is a 50/50 chance that the shoes may or may not fit. I even made the sign of the cross whenever I fit my shoes. I run to the Office to inform them that the shoe doesn't fit, Ma'am Fe will always say: "Ms. Cervales talaga!" She would pick up the phone and tell the supplier that the shoe is small for me.

I honestly miss these shoe fittings because I get the assurance that my feet will not suffer. I know that when I run to my patients, my feet can keep up with me. It may have given me a lot of problems but my feet never complained. Now, I have the liberty to choose the brand that I could wear but it won't require my very own session of shoe fitting nor I have to trace the outline of my feet in Yellow Pad (my feet does not, in any way fit the short bond paper).

Shoe fitting. Custom Made Shoes. BLOCKBUSTER!

->cha